Research reveals that the regular practice of gratitude can change our brains and foster greater satisfaction within our lives. In one study, participants who kept a “gratitude journal” were found to be happier in general, weeks after the study was complete, than the control group which did not consciously focus on what they appreciated. Studies also show that treating others with an attitude of gratitude diffuses potential conflicts and nurtures more positive interactions.
Gratitude is at the heart of our national Thanksgiving holiday. In November 1621, a little more than a year after 102 passengers of the Mayflower left Plymouth, England, for the New World of America, colonists and the Wampanoag Indians shared an event that is typically recognized as the first Thanksgiving. The three-day autumn festival was a celebration of the Pilgrim’s first successful harvest, thanks in large part to the aid and teachings of Native Americans. It was not until 1863, during the civil war, that President Abraham Lincoln designated Thanksgiving a national holiday.
This Thanksgiving, all of us at Pure Hemp Botanicals are especially grateful for our community of loyal customers and associates. We are appreciative that you stand with us as advocates for a healthier lifestyle and for your contributions to the growth and accomplishments of both our company and the hemp industry.
We hope that you find much to be thankful for this year. We’d like to share with you some of the gifts in the lives of our staff, for which they are especially grateful:
- Today and all the joys and sorrows it might bring, for without sorrow, it is impossible to appreciate true joy!
- The elements of earth and all plants and animals
- The Rocky Mountains
- The privilege of living and working in Colorado
- Inspiring friends
- Supportive spouses
- Family and their unconditional love
- My family’s good health
- My family’s improving health
- The purr of a snuggly cat
- The wagging tale of a beloved dog
- CBD tincture and balm to sooth the aches and bruises of mountain biking—without the need for over-the-counter pharmaceutical pain relievers
- The opportunity to be part of the wonderful Pure Hemp Botanical team and the exciting, groundbreaking, hemp industry
- Opportunities to learn and stretch my creativity
- That my work is my passion and the opportunity to make a living doing what I love
- The opportunity to contribute to and be an advocate for health, sustainability, and cruelty-free products and practices
In the spirit of that first Thanksgiving celebration, we advocate for the activities of sharing and giving, appreciation of our diversity and the unique gifts we each can contribute to our community and our world, and an attitude of gratitude and peace. We strive for “Compassion in Action” in everything we do and honor the Earth and all of its inhabitants. This mindset and the practice of gratitude is our wish for you and our nation as we enter this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving!