Snowball cookies are some of my favorite holiday cookies but they’re much less well known than our last two blogs we posted! They’re also so easy to customize to your own liking! I sometimes like to mix a little cocoa powder or nutmeg/cinnamon into the powdered sugar you dip it in for a little extra deliciousness. You can also add some Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline frost for a CBD kick! These are some of the easiest cookies you can make and it’s extra fun to get messy making them with your kiddos after all that’s half the fun in baking holiday cookies! Try them out and let us know what you think! What are your favorite holiday cookies? Let us know below in the comments!
- ½ cup vegan butter, cold
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar mixed with your preferred dose of Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline Frost
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose white flour
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, or medium bowl with a hand mixer or spoon, cream together vegan butter, ¼ cup powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour and nuts of choice.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beating after each addition. Mix until the mixture comes together like a dough.
- Shape into balls and place on a cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes until very lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and place on a wire cooking rack to cool for 2-5 mins or until cool enough to handle. Gently roll warm cookies in the powdered sugar/Crystalline Frost mixture and place back onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, roll cookies in powdered sugar and Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline Frost a second time.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I got this recipe from The Edgy Veg and you can find it here: https://www.theedgyveg.com/2017/11/28/snowball-cookies-vegan-christmas-cookies/