Well, ladies and gentlemen, the cold season is upon us and with it the cold and flu season. It’s already hit in our house and I took one for the team (you’re welcome everyone.) I tested a handful of non-alcoholic cold relief drinks to see which one actually brought on the most relief! I’ve picked my favorite for all of you to file away for future use, hopefully REALLY far in the future.
The original recipe for this is from Green Kitchen Stories and can be found here: http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/ginger-turmeric-honey-bomb/
Ginger-Turmeric Honey Bomb
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup l honey (preferably organic unheated)
- 2-4 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or ground ginger), depending on how strong you prefer
- 2 tsp ground turmeric (or freshly grated turmeric if you can find it)
- 1 organic unwaxed lemon, freshly grated zest
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 dropper of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture of your choice (I used 300mg Full Spectrum)
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and add more ginger or turmeric if needed. Aim for a really strong flavor, you’ll only add a few teaspoons to a cup of water.
- Store the Ginger & Turmeric Honey Bomb in a glass container for use anytime.
- Boil a cup of water and let slightly cool (to keep the benefits from the honey intact), stir in a few teaspoons of the honey mixture and add in the Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture.
- Drink and feel better!
For added flavor, I actually brewed Ginger-Turmeric Hemptealicious instead of just using water and it was AMAZING.