Now that my garden is coming in full swing I’m in full swing salad mode. While I love a tangy Italian dressing my all time favorite will always be a rich, creamy ranch dressing. So, of course, I had to find a way to get some CBD into it.
I tried a few different recipes and my favorite ended up being from one of my all-time favorite recipe blogs, The Minimalist Baker. You can find the original recipe here https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-vegan-ranch-dressing-oil-free/
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water 30 minutes, or overnight in cool water)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice to taste)
- 1-2 droppers of Pure Hemo Botanicals Tincture (I used 300mg Full spectrum)
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh chives (or 1/2 the amount dried chives // optional)
- Soak cashews in very hot water for 30 minutes -1 hour (or overnight in cool water). While cashews are soaking, measure out almond milk and add lemon juice and set aside to curdle (this makes your vegan “buttermilk”).
- Drain and rinse cashews several times and drain again. Then transfer to a small blender (a blender is preferred over a food processor for achieving a smooth texture) and add almond buttermilk, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, vinegar, Pure Hemp Botanicals CBD Tincture, and maple syrup. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until very creamy and smooth.
- Add herbs and pulse several times to incorporate (you don’t want it fully puréed).
- Taste and adjust flavor, as needed, adding more salt for saltiness, maple syrup for sweetness, lemon juice or vinegar for acidity, garlic for garlic flavor, or herbs for a more herbal flavor.
- Use immediately at room temperature or refrigerate for 3-4 hours to chill. It will thicken in the refrigerator, so you can add more almond milk or water later on to thin if needed.
- Enjoy with vegetables, salads, cauliflower wings, or pizza! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 7-10 days. Not freezer friendly (will likely separate upon thawing).