As the holidays wind down and the football season hits full swing I’ll be posting some delicious finger-food recipes. I’m not a die hard fan myself but I often like to sit down with my dad and pretend I know what’s going on for a while. MAINLY I just like to eat the food and relax. This week I tried out Vegan Richa’s Jalapeño Popper recipe along with their ranch dressing from scratch which was sooo much better than store bought!
**TIP: For goodness sake. USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING YOUR JALAPEÑO’S!**
You can get check out the original recipes here:
Jalapeño Poppers: https://www.veganricha.com/2014/01/baked-jalapeno-poppers-vegan-recipe.html
Ranch Dressing: https://www.veganricha.com/recipe-pages/dry-ranch-mix-recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 6 Jalapenos – slit and seeds and pith removed
- Vegan cream cheese.
Breading Milk Mix:
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other milk of choice.
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- 2 Tablespoon flour wheat, unbleached white or gf flour.
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Bread Crumb mixture:
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil optional
- 2 tsp garlic powder or small flake
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp or more dried chives
- 3/4 to 1 tsp salt omit to keep the mix salt free
- 2-3 droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture of your choice (I used 300mg Full Spectrum)
Prep the Jalapenos. (Use gloves if you are not sure about the spiciness. The seeds and pith can sometimes give a really bad spice burn). Remove the pith and seeds as much as possible.
Fill the jalapenos up with chilled cream cheese popper dip. (the chilled dip is quite thick).
Set up the breading area. Mix the milk with the spices, flax meal and flour in a deep down and keep ready.
Mix up the bread crumbs with paprika and salt and optionally add a tsp of oil and mix them up.
Dip Jalapenos with the filled side up into the milk mixture (do not roll, just submerge them and lift out). Then immediately dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Use a spoon to sprinkle some extra breadcrumbs on top and press. Place the pepper on parchment lined sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 25 minutes or until golden to your preference.
Mix all the ingredients well.
Mix 1.5 to 2 Tbsp ranch mix with 1 cup vegan mayo or cashew cream.
- Add Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture and stir well