A couple of weeks ago I shared my recipe for CBD Vegan Yogurt Parfait and promised I would later share my granola recipe. I am an absolute sucker for granola and any time I can add coconut to anything my day is made. If you’re not a coconut fan you can definitely modify the recipe to fit your personal taste! I modified this amazing recipe from Cookie and Kate, you can find the original here https://cookieandkate.com/2016/triple-coconut-granola-recipe/!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds or nuts of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup large, unsweetened coconut flakes*
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Two solid pinches of Pure Hemp Botanicals FROST or 4 full droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture of your choice (I use 300mg Full Spectrum.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt and ground ginger. Using a silicone or rubber spatula, stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla (we’re going to add the coconut later, so keep it nearby). Stir until every oat is lightly and evenly coated. Using your spatula, scrape the contents of the bowl onto your prepared pan, making sure to get every last bit of liquid. Spread the granola into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven, add both the coconut flakes and shredded coconut, and stir it all together. Place the pan back into the oven until the coconut is lightly golden, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let the granola cool completely on the pan. It will further crisp up as it cools.
- Once fully cool you’ll mix in your CBD. If using Pure Hemp Botanicals FROST, evenly sprinkle it on top of the pan and then mix thoroughly. If using Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture, drizzle on top evenly and then mix thoroughly.
- Store the granola in an airtight container, like a freezer bag (if you’re adding dried fruit, add it now). This granola will stay fresh at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
That’s it! I mix my granola with my morning yogurt or even oatmeal when I want it to have a little crunch and extra flavor. My kiddo loves it and when the kiddo is happy, everyone is happy!