As Halloween approaches, I thought it would be fun to put together a tasty treat! What better than some sweets mixed with your CBD? While the recipe calls for peanut butter(I used Justin’s) I split my batch 50/50 and made half of it with Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread! My kiddo is the peanut butter fan but I’m ALL chocolate over here! They both turned out SO delicious! But don’t just take my word for it, this one is a must try.
This delicious recipe came from Chocolate Covered Katie and can be found here: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/10/21/spooky-peanut-butter-rice-krispy-treats/
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups rice crispies (regular, gf, or brown)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sticky agave
- melted coconut butter or white chocolate (I used white chocolate!)
- popsicle sticks
- mini chocolate chips for the eyes
- 3 droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture (I used 300mg Full Spectrum)
- Mix your nut butter, sweetener and salt. Melt (either in the microwave or stove) until it can be stirred into a lump-free paste, then add the vanilla extract.
- Pour over the cereal. Stir very well, making sure to coat all the crispies. Add the 3 droppers of Tincture and continue to mix.
- Line a pan (8×8) with wax paper and spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Place a sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture, then press down as firmly as you can. Really press it down, and use a can or book to press even more firmly!
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before slicing, then insert popsicle sticks if desired.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip the treats in them. Place the eyes while the chocolate is still soft.
- These treats can be stored in the freezer, in the fridge, or loosely covered in a cool, dry place.
As with most deserts, these didn’t last long at my house but I’ll be making another batch to give out to my friends! Try them an let us know what you think!