Here is my last but definitely not least holiday cookie recipe! Be sure to send us your favorites so I can try them out and maybe even tweak your recipe and add some CBD! Without further adieu, peppermint meltaway cookies. When I say meltaway I seriously mean they will melt in your mouth and you won’t be able to stop eating them! For me peppermint is a necessity around the holidays and this always hits the spot. They’re also delicious to dip in hot chocolate!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely crushed vegan candy canes or peppermint candies, ground into powder
- Your choice of dose of Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline Frost
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the softened butter with 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy. Add the peppermint extract and mix again to combine. Next, slowly add the flour, cornstarch, and salt, mixing until uniform. You may need to do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline Frost and the crushed peppermint candies.
- Roll the dough into about 24 1-tablespoon sized balls. Transfer to the bowl with the powdered sugar mixture and rolling each ball of dough to evenly coat.
- Place the balls on the lined baking sheet, spacing them about 1-inch apart, and bake until they start to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 20-25 minutes. Remove and cool until they are just easy to handle then return the cookies to the bowl with the powdered sugar/Pure Hemp Botanicals Crystalline Frost mixture and toss gently to coat. Continue until you have coated every cookie.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
I got this recipe from Sweet Simple Vegan and it can be found here: https://sweetsimplevegan.com/2017/12/peppermint-meltaway-christmas-cookies/