It’s the time of year where we hear about pumpkin everything! So why not do a batch of pumpkin CBD recipes for you all! I would say who doesn’t love pumpkin but my husband would raise his hand pretty quickly so these will be for us pumpkin crazy people! We’re going to start with something sweet and delicious. Cake! Now, who doesn’t love cake? I can say that one without worrying about hands flying everywhere!
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 and 1/2 cups (337g) Pumpkin Purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Flax Egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Prepare your flax egg by adding 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal to a bowl and then adding in 3 Tbsp of Hot Water and allowing to sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the pumpkin purée, vanilla, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and flax egg to the mixing bowl and mix in very well. The batter will be thick.
- Spray two 7 inch cake tins with non-stick spray and then add a circle of parchment paper to the base of each cake tin.
- Divide the batter equally between the cake tins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- When your cakes are completely cooled, frost the top of one of the layers. Then add the other layer on top and frost the whole cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and add crushed walnuts to the top.
For the Frosting
- 3 and 3/4 cups (450g) Powdered (Confectioners) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter/Margarine
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2-3 Droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture (I used 750mg Full Spectrum.)
- Prepare your frosting by adding the powdered sugar, vegan butter, vanilla and soy milk to the bowl of an electric mixer. Starting at slow speed, gradually increase the speed until smooth. If your frosting is too thick, add in soy milk a drop at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it is too thin, add in more powdered sugar.
- Add the cinnamon and Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture in last and mix on low until just mixed in.
I got the recipe for this from Loving it Vegan and it can be found here: https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-pumpkin-cake/