Not getting enough sleep? You may be accumulating sleep debt.
Getting enough sleep is a big challenge for those with busy lives, children, and lots of responsibilities. It’s difficult to get enough sleep when the demands are high.
If you are in this category, you have probably incurred sleep debt numerous times over your life.
Those missing ZZZ’s can progressively build up over a series of days.
- For example a person who needs 8 hours of sleep for optimal performance and health, but is only getting 6 hours a night is accumulating sleep debt. Let’s say they missed out on those 2 hours a night for five days straight. That builds a sleep debt of 10 hours.
- As sleep debt builds, brain and body functions are negatively impacted.
So how do you catch up and replenish those ZZZ’s?
- Prioritizing sleep is the only way to rebalance your sleep debt.
- If you have built up sleep debt lately, it may take several nights of quality sleep to rebalance.
A problem with missing sleep over a period of time is that the effects don’t always show up right away. Research has found that people tend to adapt to sleep restriction. You might not feel tired, although your physical and mental performance are most likely declining.
- The most common activities that cause Americans to miss sleep are work hours, commuting, socializing, relaxing, and watching TV.
- Discover what areas of your life you can cut back on and apply that time to your sleep schedule.
- Track your sleep habits and daytime activities to see where you can make improvements.
Sleep is an essential part of overall health. The easiest way to avoid the consequences of lost sleep is to avoid accumulating sleep debt in the first place. Learn how much sleep your body needs and prioritize it. This is one of the most important ways you can support your health and wellness.
If getting to sleep or staying asleep is the challenge, our Pure Sleep formulas can give you the natural support you need.
Pure Hemp Botanicals Sleep products combine powerful natural ingredients that improve sleep quality and quantity. Pure Sleep contains CBD, CBN & Melatonin to promote deep quality sleep.
Balancing you sleep schedule will help with cellular repair and optimal brain and body functions. Wake up fueled and energized so you can thrive!