I don’t know about you but I am salsa-obsessed! I’m also guacamole obsessed so when I came across this Chunky Avocado Salsa from Cookie and Kate I couldn’t resist trying it and when I find a good recipe the likelihood that I’ll try adding CBD to it is pretty high. This salsa far surpassed my expectations and will be guest on my table and into my tummy often! You can see the original recipe here: https://cookieandkate.com/2018/chunky-avocado-salsa-recipe/
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 large slightly ripe avocados or 4 small-to-medium avocados, diced (Not too mushy because you want them to keep their shape.)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped red onion (about 1 small onion)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and minced (if sensitive to spice, use just 1 or omit)
- ¼ cup lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 droppers of your choice of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture (I used 300mg Full Spectrum)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- In a large serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients as listed. Gently toss to combine (don’t over-mix, or the avocados will turn everything green!). Taste, and add more salt if it doesn’t taste quite spectacular enough.
- Serve promptly, as the avocado will brown over time. To store leftovers, try to minimize the amount of oxygen by using a container that’s just the right size, or press plastic wrap directly against the avocado. It will keep in the refrigerator this way for 1 to 2 days.