Fruit is my favorite and every fruit season I always go overboard, buy way more than I can actually eat and always have to scramble to use it before it goes bad. Anyone else with me? Well have no fear, I have an easy way to use up literally any kind of fruit that you may have laying around. Not only that but once you’ve used it you can keep it in the freezer for times when fruit isn’t so easy to come by.
Making your own fruit sorbet may sound really intimidating to make but I promise it is SO EASY and there’s so many different combinations you can put together to always have the most delicious treat on hand. My top three variations are mango- raspberry, creamy spiced banana, peach and mixed berry.
To start you need to prep your fruit. Wash it, peel it and chop it. Small berries can be left whole. Once it’s all cleaned and cut up just put it in a freezer safe container and freeze until solid.
- About 3 cups (or more) of your chosen fruits.
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 2-3 droppers of Pure Hemp Botanicals Tincture of choice ( I used the 750mg Full Spectrum!)
- Seasonings/Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract etc.)
- Almond milk
- Agave or raw honey
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Depending on the size you may need to do batches.
- Blend all until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze again.
- Scoop and enjoy!
The flavor options for sorbet are honestly endless but here are some of my favorite combinations!
Creamy Banana Spice
- 3 cups of frozen banana
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Almond milk as needed for smooth blending.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice(if layering add 1/4 teaspoon to each batch)
- Warm water as needed for smooth blending
I’ve done mixed berry in several ways. You can mix it all together and freeze it but I also really like to layer it! Just blend each berry on its own and smooth it into your dish and put it back in the freezer in between blending layers. It’s delicious I promise!
- 2 cups of frozen mango
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Warm water or mango juice for smooth blending
I like to swirl the Mango and Raspberry together so I usually blend each and then using a large spoon alternate it into the dish before using a knife to swirl it around and then freeze it.