In honor of International Hummus Day, which is today, May 13th, we have a special herbed hummus recipe to share with you! If you love hummus, and fresh herbs, you may find yourself whipping up this recipe often this summer; it is so good! Infused with Pure Hemp Botanicals CBD oil, our lemon herbed hummus is made with a twist of chill with a full spectrum of cannabinoids!
I just learned about international hummus day and was so excited because hummus is one of my favorite healthy snacks. We LOVE this light healthy dip and snack on it often, use it in veggie wraps, and to top off salads.
If you have an herb garden or plan on planting one, this recipe is great when you have a surplus of herbs in the summer months! We just planted our herb garden last week and the basil, mint, oregano, dill, and parsley plants are taking off with fresh new leaves multiplying every day. In the summer we end up with a surplus of herbs and this recipe is a great way to use them while they are fresh!
This recipe requires a food processor or a high powered blender. We are using organic ingredients and the herbs from our garden. Here is how you make fresh lemon herbed hummus with CBD oil. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 15oz can of organic garbanzo beans
- 2 Tablespoons of organic tahini
- ¼ cup of basil leaves
- ¼ cup of oregano leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped Chives
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh dill
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 50mg / 2ml 1,500mg Pure Hemp Botanicals CBD oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons of water (optional for thinning)
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans then combine tahini, all the herbs, lemon zest and juice, and CBD oil into the food processor.
- Pulse until mixture starts to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil until consistency becomes smooth. Pulse and add a tablespoon of water at a time until you get the desired consistency you like. More water to thin, less water for a thicker hummus.
- Scrape the sides to get all the hummus out of the food processor.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil leaf on the top.
- Hummus will firm up in the fridge. Keep refrigerated and use within 5 days.
- Enjoy with pita chips, cucumber slices and carrot sticks.
This recipe is the perfect healthy snack to share with a friend for a picnic. Enjoy your fresh herbed hummus when you want a quick filling fresh snack. Infusing foods with CBD oil is a yummy way to get the benefits of a full array of cannabinoids for relaxation and balance.
Celebrate International Hummus Day with us over a bowl of lemon herbed CBD infused hummus dip!